Sunday, July 15, 2007

Todays' accomplishments





Did a little finishing work today (finally) and finished knitting the toe of the 2nd sock of my latest set.

The baby set is out of 1824 Cotton, with the sweater pattern from Jimmy Bean's Wool. Apparently it was a contest winner and I'm not sure it has a name. The hat was an unrelated pattern that looked like a perfect match to finish up the yarn. The pair is headed off one of my co-workers who is expecting a girl next month. Mom does not like pink so I had to pick something else. Knitting was finished more than a month ago, then I searched for buttons (I resisted the urge to use pink!), and finally put it all together. (7/19 update - she was born, a month early, weighing 5lbs and change, on the very day I finished and posted!)

The blue socks are Panda Cotton, loosely based on the 'Cascade Lace' pattern from Cast On Summer 04(?). the pattern was written for cuff down but I went toe up instead so I would not run out knitting for my monster feet! I started knitting them while we were in Hawaii last month but the toe up pattern I was using actually did not have any gussets. Not good. They sat for a bit until I ripped them out and started over. They're still a bit snug so they waited to see if I would rip again. I finished instead.

And the pink/orange was Sockatta given to me a couple of weeks ago. The pattern is 'Waving Lace' from Interweave's Favorite Socks book. Thanks Bob!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oooh - bring all your FO to knit night this week! I wanna see 'em. :)