Monday, September 1, 2008

Olympic Knitting Trial

Icarus was to be my Knitting Olympic Trial. cast on no earlier than opening ceremonies and finish by the time the flame is put out. Each knitter is supposed tyo choose something to be a personal challenge. Icarus had been on my 'to do' list for a while. And the yarn was sitting in the stash. When MIL commented on my old 'chain mail' shawl and mentioned how she could use one, I figured it would be a good project for Olympics.
I tried, but didn't even medal.
I do like the finished project tho!
It is worked on US3 Addi lace circs out of some cotton cone yarn I inherited from a friend a few years ago.

Since the cotton was not going to stretch as much as a wool, I worked about 6 extra repeats before starting the edge patterning.
Had I worked the number of repeats called for in the pattern, I probably would have finished by closing ceremonies.
Instead, I finished late, late Saturday night. Blocked it last evening/overnight (strung out and pinned to our back deck). I consider it a success!

1 comment:

KnittyNancy said...

Spectacular! Your Icarus is gorgeous!