Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Drive-By Fiber Fun


My current attempt at socks: Uptown boot Socks in Pace. Not sure I like the way it's coming out tho... I may frog and try something else...

2 skeins of Sea Silk from Steve for Christmas. Is there a lace shawl or stole in my future?!?!?

My first pair of Galaxy socks. 3x1 rib, US 1, Magic Loop, 2 at once, short row garter stitch heel and toe. And it turns out I like the way the inside looks, too (sock on the right) so I may do 1x3 rib on a future pair...

New stash, possibly for Fawkes socks...
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in 'Flames' colorway.

Tried this Hanauma Bay Socks pattern before with a different yarn. Not the right combo. Was also agonizing over what to make with this yarn from Bob when he went to Italy. It is Sesia Mistral Baby, 100% fine merino. Now, this is a combination! Sooooo soft - thanks Bob!

Let it snow!! He was originally supposed to be a Christmas gift but... I just couldn't part with Pete - he's too cute!

More yarn stash, Araucania Ranco in green and red from Chile....


Bennet's wife wanted new house socks for Christmas. He wanted red and green and lacey and warm. Hmmmmm....
Toe-to-Cuff Lace Rib socks in Lion Wool. Hope she likes them!

1 skein of Fleece Artist Blue Faced Leicester Aran (blue-green) and 1 skein of Fleece Artist Blue Faced Leicester DK (blue) from Steve for my birthday and Christmas. That is now being turned into:

Mr Greenjeans from Knitty.com
A top-down pattern so I can work till I run out of yarn!
The top is the Aran worked on size 8 US, using the size M stitchcount. I worked the body to the point where it changed to the cable rib pattern. Clipped the yarn and then used both ends of the remaining yarn to work both sleeves at once. And I used every inch!
For the cable rib section, I added the DK, switched to size 7 US needles, and the stitchcount for the size L.
I am working the sleeves first (the cable ribs start higher on mine than the pattern because of the limits of the blue-green) and then will work the body and the button band with the remaining blue DK. I think it will work!

3 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Yummmmm lovely yarns. You have some really nice projects going/finished. It is hard to pick a favorite, they are all so pretty.

Beth said...

A most excellent penguin photo!! Bring the sweater next Tuesday - I'm dying to see it. :)

KnittyNancy said...

You have so many wonderful projects and yarns. Your sweater looks like it will be beautiful. I especially love Pete. I was talked into giving away Flip (my penguin).