Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"BIG" Knitting

Felt like a little 'big' knitting the other day so...



Here's the Pink Lady Bag (pre-felting) that I knit Sunday. It was actually a fun little project! 2 skeins of K1C2 Parfait I had left after replacing all the yarn for the Moose sweater, held together and knit on KnitPicks size 9's. Colors aren't showing well - it's kind of a mauve, dusty purple, lavender-type color. Maybe 10 p.m. on a black background is not the best way to go...






And here it is post-felting (1 wash only). Perfect on the first try!
Just need to find the right button...








And when I stopped at Michaels the other day, I saw Peaches and Cream Stripes. Didn't know it came in that variety but I usually don't do many dishcloths so I don't keep up with it. I absolutely fell in love with this colorway (they look much more tropical ocean-like in real life). Thought the 'Rippling Waves' pattern would show the stripes well and ... ta da! Gorgeous, if I do say so myself.



I've turned the heel on my 1st Simply Lovely Lace Sock, maybe I'll be up to #2 by the weekend???

And Angel is still making progress. She does not fall as much and I am even beginning to leave a bowl of water in there for her at times. She is much, much fiestier than before!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I didn't know they had stripes either! And you're back to your project a day pace... Puttin' us all to shame. :)

KnittyNancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KnittyNancy said...

You are back to your amazing speed! Glad to hear that Angel is improving.