Wednesday, August 22, 2007

KnitPicks has arrived

I ordered over the weekend (to get the book sale before it ended), they shipped Monday, it arrived today!
Sensational Knitted Socks
More Sensational Knitted Socks
The Knitting Circle (novel)
Fergie, the Frog zip case from Clover
and 2 skeins of Risata in the Dusk color (looks like blue jeans to me).
(And today I spent a couple of hours making up a wishlist at Patternworks.com as though I needed anything else!)

So much reading and knitting, so little time. The past few days, I've knit more on my way to work than anywhere else. I finished the latest troop hat over the weekend and have been kind of on a dishcloth kick lately. I picked up another striping colorway and am on my 2nd with it. I managed to adapt a bath puff pattern and finished the original color with that. One of these days, I'll try to get some pics of them all before I mail them off.

On the homefront,
The boys headed back to school yesterday. A junior in HS and an 8th grader. How are they getting so much older if I'm not?!?!?
Steve is home this week and next and then will leave Sept. 4 for 7 days. I think it's the Carolinas again with a side trip on Saturday to go to the Nebraska - Wake Forest football game. Not sure what other traveling will happen in Sept. but he just told me tonight that he'll probably be gone for half of October.
Angel has continued to progress to the extent that I may not move her to the spare cage, I'm thinking of putting her back in with Teddy. I think they'll both be happier that way. I don't need to feed or water her by hand any more so the accessibility isn't as much of an issue.
I have piles of paperwork, bills, laundry, and school stuff to go deal with (whether I want to or not!) so I should go start on some of that and then get some sleep...

3 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Great books you ordered. That was quick shipping too. So what is on your list to knot form them? ;)

Beth said...

Yay for Angel! I'm really impressed at how far she's come.

Great book choices too.

KnittyNancy said...

Fergie is so cute. Glad that you brought him to SnB. I also enjoyed the KnitPicks book sale.