Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Crutches

That's Brian's latest addition to the house. I left work early and took Zack to karate (he's getting ready to test for his 2nd degree black belt Friday) and Steve went to get Brian from football practice. Upon arrival, Brian's ankle was swollen. He did something to it toward the end of practice but cannot tell us what (didn't he have his leg with him at the time?!?!?). The trainer took a look but couldn't come up with anything definitive one way or the other. She told Steve to take him for x-rays if the swelling didn't go down. Steve, knowing Brian and his apparent love for the ER, went directly there, did not pass go, did not collect $200. They did the x-ray and think it may be a Level 1 fracture just above the ankle. They put him in a soft cast and gave him a set of crutches. 'But here's a copy of the x-ray on CD to take to an orthopedic doctor to diagnose for sure.' They say there's no special software needed to look at the x-ray but said not to try it until after the doctor sees it as sometimes computers mess them up. In a few days, I might get to see...
Finally made it to the grocery tonight to use some of those coupons I cut the other day. $178 after 'saving' almost $80. And that wasn't even a full shopping trip, just some fill-ins to keep us going for a bit! Anyone need a couple teenaged boys?
Yesterday, Angel must have really been feeling more like her old self as she was throwing her food around. Doves are ground feeders and she's finicky to boot. When I would give her a bowl of food, she would pick put her absolute favorite seeds and then throw the rest on the floor. She'd just bat at it with her beak (almost like a golfclub in a sandtrap) and scatter it all over the place. Then she'd hop down and pick out her 2nd favorite seeds from the floor. The last couple of days, I had been noticing more seeds on the floor and wondered what happened. Then I saw her eating and throwing some around again! The old Angel was back just a bit more. I was feeling pretty good about her progress. Then, Zack called me twice this afternoon while I was still at work to tell me that Angel had managed to flip herself over and get stick on her back. He flipped her back both times even tho she doesn't like anyone else but me near her. He also managed to get her back into the fishtank she had been in. I've watched her some since as well as picking her up and brushing her a bit and she seems the same as she's been lately. I'm not sure what happened but will have to keep an eye on her...
On a different note, I got my KnitPicks catalogue today! Bob had his at knitting last Tuesday but mine did not arrive until today. I had resigned myself to just looking online and then waiting until the next issue came out. I probably won't order for a while since I just spent $100+ between KnitPicks and patternworks.
And the good news of the day... Hogwarts Sock Partners have started coming out and I got mine!! Gotta go read up on some blogs and send some email...

4 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Ummm I have never heard of a computer screwing up a CD. Normally they are pretty hard to mess up. The only thing I could think of would be that they don't want you to scratch it since some computer's drives can be sensitive.
I hope that there isn't anything wrong and he just strained it.

Oh the joys of birds. When I had mine there was constantly seed everywhere.

Beth said...

I just got mine on Thursday also. Evidently Bob is more important than we are! ;)

Sounds like Angel is doing too much too fast. Like how most of the people I know recover from an injury..

Valerie said...

Awww I hope your son feels better!

KnittyNancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.