Monday, November 5, 2007

Accomplished

Not sure if I am accomplished, but all this was today:

1. Bought gas on the 'cheaper' side of town, with my grocery store 10 cent/gallon discount.
2. Finally got my mammogram done (been carrying the reminder letter around for 2 years!)
3. Renewed my driver's license.
4. Picked up the info books to get a CDL so I can be a backup driver at work?!?!
5. Passed the eye exam without my glasses?!?!? (Trifocals, even. Yes, I'm getting old.)
6. Got lost and called OnStar to find out I don't have the 'where on earth am I package' any more? I only have the emergency head-on collision, we're calling for help package. They helped me anyway - thanks OnStar! Gotta upgrade and get some phone minutes, too.
7. Got back to the highway and called the dentist to tell them I was on my way but wasn't sure whether the highway had been reopened. They said to just come in and they'd work me in whenever I got there. Turns out the highway was open with no signs left of the accident that had it closed for hours earlier.
8. Went 1 exit too far on the highway and had to backtrack to the dentist's. Without getting lost this time!
9. Determined I only have sensitive teeth and no cavity!
10. Stopped at the clothing consignment shop and found a dime when I got out of the car.
11. Found out some of my items sold and they owed me $8.50.
12. Stopped at a home furnishings consignment shop and found out what their requirements are for when I get my rear in gear and clean this place out.
13. Stopped at Hobby Lobby and bought more 'I Love This Yarn' for Ann Norling's Truck Sweater for a girlfriend's new 4 year old son. She left for China on Saturday. They should be back in 11 more days.
14. Made it to the chiropractor finally.
15. Got my hair cut. A somewhat new, 'younger' style. Remember that getting old thing from above?
16. Stopped at Half Price Books and found 4 Sudoku books for 50 cents each.
17. Drove over 100 miles today.
18. Found out the water pump on the 'little' car was about to spontaneously combust but can be replaced for $150. We dropped it off yesterday at the local Saturn-guy's for front brake pads and rotors. Should save at least a couple hundred bucks on the whole shebang.
19. Had Steve get the oil changed and tires replaced on the Vue.
20. Got caught up on laundry. Again.
21. Did the finishing work on the Father and Son (for Mom) socks. Maybe tomorrow, in the daylight I can get a pic and submit it for my October Sock knitters Anonymous project on Ravelry...

I meant to get the bills/paperwork done today as well as cleaning out some of the house but...
I guess I found enough other 'excuses' not to get to those couple of things...

3 comments:

Beth said...

That list makes me tired just reading it. I did fit in a trip to the pet store for dog food. And I did a load of laundry (because the situation was DIRE). Am I forgiven for sitting on my ass the rest of the day?

~Tonia~ said...

Ummmm I think you accomplished plenty today. Whew. The paperwork will be there tomorrow.

Neila said...

Wow! I'm tired! All I got accomplished is my normal work routine plus finally got all the old wallpaper paste scrubbed off the kitchen walls in the evening. Now I'm ready to paint.