Thursday, November 8, 2007

Beth's Birthday

Yes, Beth celebrated the other day. And Nancy and I wanted to do something special for her. What could we do?? She has enough sock yarn to keep herself busy for a few lifetimes.... but that's all that originally came to mind.
At least until Nancy left for California and did not have email access. Then I had an idea!! And a good one, too!!
Or so I thought.
Beth and I had talked previously about Morehouse Merino's scarves. We both liked the dragon and the alligator. She liked the alligator a bit more and I liked the dragon a tad more. But we agreed we'd prefer just ordering the pattern since neither of us wanted to spend the money on the whole kit. Neither of us would probably ever order one.
I could order one for her birthday since she won't order one for herself, right? And as long as I'm at it, I might as well order the other.
That's what I was waiting for from New York last week. It arrived Saturday just as I was looking up their phone number to call.
SnB came Tuesday night. Beth's actual birthday. I saw her in the parking lot and had her help carry stuff in. We waited to see who was coming and broke into the cupcakes (chocolate and carrot cake). And then I gave her her gift.
She said she had read my post mentioning something coming from NY and was worried. Huh????
She opened her purple alligator scarf kit.
And then told me she had ordered the green one for me for my birthday.
It is currently at Nancy's house for wrapping and such.

We decided great minds think alike!

2 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

I read about it on Beth's blog and thought it was too funny.

Yes great minds do think alike. =)

KnittyNancy said...

LOL! Unbelievable! I think that I was happy to be out of town because I don't know what I would have done when you would have suggested the Alligator Scarf Kit. Great minds do think alike!