Sunday, November 11, 2007

some knitting pics... finally


I finished the Father and Son Socks (but for me) about a week ago. Here's the final picture.

And here is my first attempt at November's Sock Down project for Sock Knitters Anonymous. Hanauma Bay socks out of DharmaFey's HufflePuff 1st Year from Neila in HSKS3. It's been frogged. Too Pittsburg Steeler-ish. Maybe Rainbow or Annetrelac for this yarn?? Still deciding...

I started the Dragon scarf from Morehouse Farm. I knit over a foot worth and about a dozen spikes. Then I decided it was too stiff. The gauge was not right. I ripped it all out and started over on larger needles (US 8 instead of the recommended 6-7). I worked the spike bind-offs wiht a size 10.5 dp. I have now knit the entire scarf. It is still a bit stiff and definitely smaller than I expected. And I have almost a whole skein of yarn left. I'm thinking of ripping it again, working it on larger needles, again, and maybe even enlarging the pattern a bit...

3 comments:

Beth said...

I picked up some of that Hobby Lobby yarn in Olive Green to knit an alligator for my nephew. I think I should start out on a much bigger needle than the purple one. Like maybe a US10 or US10.5.

~Tonia~ said...

Now I like the colors in the picture. But I am not the one that will be wearing or making them.

The Father & Son socks look great.

I have been debating on getting the baby gator one for James. I think it would be adorable.

Unknown said...

Lovely father and son socks! I have an 8yo boy who would FLIP over a dragon scarf! Off to find the pattern!