Thursday, November 8, 2007

Knitting update

I finished my Father and Son (but really for me, 'Mom') socks. Picture(s) should be coming to this site and to Ravelry one of these days...
I started Ann Norling's Truck Sweater...
I started Hanauma Bay socks with my HSKS3 Hufflepuff yarn. They're coming out a bit too Pittsburg Steeler/Bumble bee-ish so they may get frogged. I'm trying to find a pattern that can work with the yarn and meets the requirements of the November Sock Knitters Anonymous (Ravelry again) project.
And I started Morehouse Merino's Dragon scarf in the red, appropriately named 'Huff.' I am debating whether I'm knitting too tight. The yarn is surprisingly heavy and they say to work on US6-7 needles. I'm thinking 8-9 might be better. I have about a foot (and a dozen spikes) done. Do I rip that, too?
Decisions, decisions...

4 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

You have quite the list going there. Are you happy with the way that the dragon is looking? If so I say keep it.

Beth said...

I've got the exact same issue with the alligator. I'm on US7 and it's quite firm. However - you know I just don't rip so I'm continuing on. I've got 2 sets of bumps done. (but also 2 repeats on the Koolhaas hat)

KnittyNancy said...

Cute sweater!

Unknown said...

I'm about to knit the Father and Son socks for my diabetic dad! Only I'm leaving out the cables. What yarn did you use? (Mine is in KP essential flint tweed.) I've added you to my blog reader, will be keeping up now. :)