Sunday, October 7, 2007

HSKS3 update

I felted the bag today. It felted more than I expected on the first run and lost more of the cables than I would have liked. You can still see some of them, the beads definitely still show, and I do like the size! It's what I originally had in mind before getting carried away... Have to add handles once it dries.
Also managed some stitch markers. I had found some beads I thought would be really cool as they were blue with flecks of silver in them. Would have been perfect. then I took them out of the package and found that was only the front side. The backs were a solid, ugly, weird-shaped, weird-hued blue. They're going back.
After church this morning, I took the little car out on the highway and over to a new (to me) bead store in search of Ravenclaw-worthy beads. I wandered in there for almost 2 hours. The blues I liked were too big and heavy, the shapes I liked were not blue. Bought a few things and came home.
Dug out what I had in my stash (should have looked before I left), added the new purchases, and came up with something that even my husband likes! Pretty sharp if I do say so myself.
I have the sock pattern(s), the yarn, the bag almost done, the stitch markers...
Oops! I forgot to get the needles.
Zack has a doctor appointment tomorrow so I already have to leave work early to get him there. Maybe I can get to the store Tuesday...

2 comments:

KnittyNancy said...

I'm sure that the bag is great. Your HSKS3 pal should be very happy. See you tomorrow at our pizza SnB.

~Tonia~ said...

You are going to have to post pictures of the bag after your pal gets it. I am sure that it is wonderful.