Saturday, October 27, 2007

Latest accomplishments

This week, I managed to finish the Seduction socks. I carried them around in my purse all week so I could show them off to anyone and everyone. God, I love them in the Bamboobaa yarn from Dyepot.com. Thank you, thank you Beth!


















I also added the buttons so the BSJ for Wallace. I ended up putting the buttons on back-to-back in order to hide the yarn ends. (Tough to weave in ends on the wrong side when it's reversible!) On one side, the buttons are on the 'boy' side and the other they are for a 'girl' even though the baby is a boy (due in Feb.). Yellow ducks and purple hippos...














On Ravelry, I signed up to be part of the Sock Knitters Anonymous group. October's project is either a pair of cabled socks or a pattern by Nancy Bush. I was trying to use stash along with a pattern I already had earmarked so I came up with Father and Son Socks from Interweave Knits Fall '06 out of KnitPicks Risata. It it a cotton blend, somewhat stretchy/springy yarn. I started on US2 to compensate for my usually 'taught' knitting style. I pull the working yarn tight but the larger than usual needles keep the stitches loose enough to create a normal fabric.
I was worried about big feet and limited yarn so I cast on at the toe with the intention of knitting till I ran out of yarn. If they turned out to be anklets, so be it. I also did a garter stitch short row heel as it is symmetrical up/down.
Turns out I have plenty of yarn!

2 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

I see a pattern in colors here. ;)

Both socks look great and the BSJ is too adorable.

Kaparoo said...

The color trend is not intended but I do bleed UConn blue sometimes!