Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ahhh...Massaaaaaage

Yes. I spoiled myself yesterday. A couple of weeks ago, I stopped by one of the local consignment shops and noticed that the salon next door had changed names. It was Aspen but now had a banner over it proclaiming they had become an Identity Salon. Steve had previously gotten me a couple of gift certificates to Aspen and I hadn't used them yet. I was worried so I called them. No, they will take either Identity or Aspen and would I like to make an appointment? Do you do massages? Yes. Ok, sign me up. I asked about evening appointments but she could not offer that, just days and weekends, something about having to have a massage therapist come up from another location. I took it to mean that they had a daytime person but not evenings and still had to fill in their staff. We settled on a noon appointment for yesterday. I came in a bit early, as requested, with my Bengal sock
to keep me company and they had me wait in the reception area. Usually they send you right back to change and then wait. She finally came back and said there was a problem. Apparently they don't have any massage therapists at this location so they were supposed to have someone come up just for me. They didn't. She apologized profusely and offered to either reschedule or see if she could get me in at the Kenwood location, either at a 20% discount. Whichever works, I could go with either. She called Kenwood and got me a 2:30. That gave me a couple of hours to kill. Stopped at the consignment shop (had a few things in the car but she's full to the gills) and then headed down Montgomery Road. That means I just have to stop in at Fiber Naturell. More Tofutsies in a pink/purple/berry kind of color
and a sock pattern for my Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap (HSKS3) Partner.
Then off to Identity Kenwood. When the appointment was (re-)scheduled, they were to put a note in the system regarding the discount but she gave me a coupon just in case. I presented that when I got there but they didn't want it at that point.
An hour of working out knots named Steve, Zack, and Brian. Candles. Music. Ahhhh.... I could have stayed forever.
My hour came to an end and I did have to get up and leave. Went to checkout and was able to use 1 gift certificate but put the balance and tip on my debit card. Then I remembered to check on the discount. Nope, they didn't take it off. They could have voided everything and rerung it all or I could hold on to it for another visit. Guess I just have to go back!
(And maybe by then, my twice in-grown, now twice cracked toenail will be grown out enough to have a pedicure, too!)
After such relaxation, I couldn't bring myself to do much work around the house so I knit. I cast on for the next Bengal sock and finally found a cool pattern for the Red Scarf Project.
It is Knitty's Wavy pattern from winter 04. I'm using a very pleasantly soft synthetic I found at Hobby Lobby. It's called "I Love This Yarn" and is made just for Hobby Lobby Stores. I have about 8+" done on that. And I cast on for a still in the design stage of my mind's eye bag for my HSKS3 partner. No pics of that though till after the owl has delivered it all the way to California!

5 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Mmmmmmm massage. I have been to Mitchels and boy was it good. I still have 2 gift certificates to use. One day - hopefully soon. You should try a facial they are so nice too.

The sock looks great and I love the scarf. Hobby Lobby has some really soft yarns now.

KnittyNancy said...

The sock looks great. Stopping by Fiber Naturell on your way to your massage was very efficient.

Beth said...

So are you relaxed enough to be immune to all the testosterone in your house?

Piglottie said...

I love massages! And crikey, sounds like you needed it after all that messing around.

Valerie said...

I'm convinced that heaven is an eternity of massages. My mom bought me a spa day for my birthday this year and boy oh boy.. Like I said.. Heaven!

The socks is looking awesome! And I can't wait to see the finished scarf!