Monday, September 3, 2007

Finished Objects and Projects

Simply Lovely Lace socks:

Sugar & Cream Stripes Dishcloths:

As you probably guessed from my last post, I decided on a pattern for a skein of Sockatta from Hawaii - Moc Croc socks.
In progress:

And the first finished, with garter stitch short row heel and toe (a first for me, thanks Beth!):

Yes, it stripes, but not enough for Mermaid Socks.

And...
I FINALLY picked a new couch. I'm soooo... tired of the college dorm/1st apartment look we've had going but with dogs and boys and the weird layout and...
I've been looking for months. Last time I was in La-Z-Boy, a pair of pillows caught my eye. The sofa wasn't right, but those pillows!

They would be great! They could tie the room together and eliminate the Pittsburg Steelers feel (yellow walls and black recliners ina Bengal town?!?!). We could do Nebraska red or UConn blue. Blue - with the black we already have and the yellow walls would look like a bruise. Red could add some life to the room.
A different sofa would work but it was a bit bland. A sleeper, in darker red, with solid red pillows.

But wait, the pillows of the other sofa work! And they can be special ordered!
The sofa is to be delivered next Sunday, the pillows will be able to be picked up in a few weeks.
Anyone interested in 2 mission-style futons?!?!?


Or, how about a loft bed?














Brian wasn't good at sleeping in it to start with and now with his broken leg, the bed is out and the mattress is on the floor till I find a suitable replacement.

I cleaned out the frog/turtle tank. The last frog passed a couple of weeks ago after quite a few years with us. The tank has been cleaned and moved to the garage. This was to make room for our newest addition. Fred (a girl) has moved in. She is a Leopard Gecko from some of the boys' friends/fellow karate students.
Also cleaned out Angel's tank and moved it to the garage (after using it to mix some soil while repotting several houseplants).

I signed up for Bloglines and have added some blogs to track. Again, thank you Beth.

Zack's laundry is done, but now I have ours and Brian's to do. And Steve is headed out of town tomorrow for 8 days so I'm back to single-parenthood again...

3 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

The socks look great! The dish cloths are way cute.

Can't wait to see the couch all put together. Dang I have been looking for some bunk beds for James, but I think he is a little to small to be up that high without me being there. *Sigh*

Beth said...

I'm thinking the yellow walls must go! Cute fabric for the pillows.

Angela said...

Karen, are you seriously looking for a home for the loft bed? Matt would LOVE it...we've been looking for something like that for him! email me angbb4590 at gmail.com and let me know what you want for it!

Off to finally post our monkey sock pictures! It was good seeing you at SnB on Tuesday. I won't be there next week, but maybe the week after. ;)