Sunday, September 16, 2007

Free knitting

Yesterday, I posted that after several attempts, I finally got my Crest of the Wave socks started with some Bengal-colored Opal. Got up early this morning and had some time before heading off to church and hangin' with Rose. Then I took it with me to Kings Island. I've taken knitting with me to various amusement parks and never had a problem. Gives me something to do while I wait in line or wait for kids or...
Going in today, I was told to put them away until I got inside, that they were really supposed to be confiscated. I did so and once I was away from the gate area, I resumed my knitting. By the time we got home, I had about 5 or 6 inches done. But I did not like it. The pattern and the fair isle speckles in the yarn were too busy/messy. I had the inkling while we were at the park but I needed to knit so I kept at it.
Tonight I ripped it all out. And then cast on, again. This time I'm just doing a chevron-type pattern, based on the top I was wearing. Just making it up as I go but I do like it much better. Cleaner and neater, shows the striping of the yarn, but still has some character. 5-6 inches of free (re-)knitting!

May I have a moment of silence for the Bengals? Losing to the Browns of all teams?!?!?!

3 comments:

KnittyNancy said...

I share your pain. The Bengals' game was a disappointment. As always, your socks will be beautiful.

Beth said...

Remind me to pass on my aunt's theories for the loss at SnB tomorrow.

~Tonia~ said...

The self patterning yars are difficult to find a pattern that doesn't clash with the patterning of the yarn.

I can't believe that they are supposed to take your knitting needles at the park. I would be more violet without them. ;)