Saturday, September 8, 2007

What a Week!

Steve's out of town so I'm officially single-parenting till next Tuesday.
Boys are driving me nuts (anyone want them?!?!)
Last Sunday I went to Yarns & Fabrications' First Sunday Event. It was the first time I've ever gone. Since they are celebrating their 2nd anniversary this month, they had drawings every hour. Of course I entered. Tuesday, as I was trying to get the boys out the door for karate followed by SnB, the phone rang. I had won 10 balls of GGH Goa (cotton/acrylic blend)!
I managed to sneak by on Wednesday to pick it up after work and before taking the car in for an oil change and to track down a rattle that had gotten quite annoying. Saturn of Kings AutoMall had me in and out in about a half hour and the rattle is no more! I've been an official Saturn convert for a few years now and can tell you all about my blue Saturns (Sarah, Suzy, and Ian and the one oddball, white Jane) if you really want to know...
I also received my Patternworks order Tuesday:
Felted Fish pattern
Fir Cone Lace Cardi pattern
Felted Entrelac Bag pattern
Little Leepin' Long Legs pattern (a frog - I have a thing for frogs and I have some bright green wool I haven't known what to do with)
Playful Penguin pattern
Knitting Girl socks (I didn't get to knit them :( )
Prop-It Lite chart holder
Knitting antenna topper
I packed it all up to take with me to SnB. I couldn't wait to show everyone. As I'm pulling everything out, I show Laura the penguin pattern since she has made penguins before. And Nancy pulled out a finished one. Chek it out on her blog. They all said it was priceless and we got a good laugh about it...
Then, Beth gave me 400 yards of absolutely beautiful Bamboobaa Sock yarn (60% superwash merino, 30% bamboo, 10% nylon) from Dyepot.com. The color is called Ice Fairy. She liked one of the blues but not the others so... Thank you Beth! I think it'll be the perfect yarn for those Seduction socks I've been wanting to make.

Have you seen the new KnitPicks Options Harmony Wood Needles? Beautiful and added to my wishlist.
Finished my Moc Croc socks Thursday, ready for wearing Friday. Do you have any idea how hard it is to drive to work with no knitting?!?!? I didn't settle on my next project till today. Monkey Socks from Knitty, with more Sockatta that Bob had given me over the summer.

Work was interesting Friday: It was another Habitat for Humanity fundraiser cookout day. Wait a minute - make that cook in. They had the propane grill inside, on the dock because they were afraid it might rain. The warehouse filled with smoke which set my asthma off. Knowing how our workload is, I had chosen not to buy a lunch ticket anyway so I stayed in the receiving office and just kept working. Others definitely enjoyed the relaxed day. I did, however, buy 3 raffle tickets. They raffled assorted amounts of paid time off. I won another half day!! I had the one half day my boss had given me after trying to keep things going while he was on vacation. I had 1 temp who'd been there for a week (he's since been let go) and a trainee that started that week. I threatened to take this Monday off but the boss didn't like that idea 'cuz he's going to have 1 trainee that's been there a week and picking up very quickly and a new trainee that's already been through some of our other departments for some training. I think he's getting off easy, don't you?!?! Maybe Tueday...
Since I hit 40 hours at about 3:30 yesterday (no OT allowed) and Brian's football practice ended about 4, I left work early to pick him and a neighbor up. Then I was going to drop my 2 off at karate before heading back to a 'Girls Night in' being held at one of our other branches. There is a plumbing supply branch around the corner from where I work that has expanded to include a kitchen, bath, lighting gallery. I need a bib when I walk through the door. Working showers and whirlpools, working kitchen and laundry, etc. Brian decided he'd take off to his room with the phone and his old yearbook and chat the night away. Zack was just moping around not getting ready. I finally just left the house without even telling them goodbye. I called my girlfriend and cried on her shoulder until I parked the car. Allright girl, pull it together and go have some fun! Turns out I was one of the first to RSVP so I got a goodie bag, there was catered food, 10 minute massages, candles, jewelery, wine (I had to drive home so I did not partake of that particular item)...
Today, I disassembled one of the futons and moved other furniture and vacuumed really thoroughly because tomorrow is new sofa day! They called today to tell me what time. 10-12. Hmmm... that interferes with church. But my alternative is to go back in the pot and see what they come up with next time. Guess I'll be missing church. And missing Rosie hugs! I hang out with Rosie during Children's Church and Sunday School. She has Down's but she is an absolute sweetheart and always brings a smile to my face. Have you donated to the Buddy Walk yet??? It's coming up one week from today!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oooh - your new sofa might be there Right Now! Hope it's exactly what you hoped for.

That massage sounds good, btw.

~Tonia~ said...

Congrats on the wins. Sounds like you needed to get out and I am sure that massage was so nice.

You should have your couch now. So where are the pictures?? ;)

KnittyNancy said...

Fun prize! Congratulations! That is impressively quick service at the dealer.