Saturday, September 1, 2007

Knitting and Driving?!?!?! And other misc...

Of course! Those who know me, know that I do knit on my way to/from work. There is a lot of traffic and construction so I knit instead of getting all worked up and running folks off the road. It is amazing how much I get done in the car. Besides, I'm a mom and moms have to be able to multitask, right?!?!?

Zack tested for his 2nd degree black belt last night. He made it points-wise but missed on his third breaking technique. Form, knowledge, Nunchucka form, kicking combinations, sparring were mostly 'above average.' Then he had to break 2 boards at once for each of three different breaks. He went through the first 2 pairs easily. The third he missed 3 times (disqualified at that point) and then got it on the 4th once the pressure was off. He can test again in October. You can check out the school at www.keepkicking.com


Brian's getting the hang of his crutches, slowly.
Angel is back in with Teddy again. (Not sure what happened the other day, maybe just an off day.)
Just have 2 ends to weave on the Simply Lovely Lace socks.
What to knit next?
Does this yarn stripe??

Thought this Sockatta would be great for Monkey socks. I thought wrong.
Then I tried it for Mermaid. Wrong again.
Then I stumbled across my pattern for Moc Croc. Much better! Picture(s) another day...

Cleaned some clothes out of my closet. Also need to go through my off-season collection in the basement. Then get it all washed and ready to go to consignment and/or donation.

2 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Oh sorry that Zack didn't pass. Hopefully he will in October.

Glad that Angel seems to be doing better. Birds are so finiky.

I try to keep knitting with me in the car for similar occasions. ;) I agree why get angry when you can take the time and knit or heck if you use a drop spinde you could even spin.

Valerie said...

I'm sorry Zack didn't pass. Well wishes for him in a October. I know how difficult black belt training can be.

Hope you get to your knitting and I hope you had a wonderful weekend.