Saturday, September 15, 2007

Help Me!

My husband is from Nebraska. He is a Husker, through and through (pronounced 'cornhead' by some of us!). Today was a day of football. I would have liked to have company to go to The Wool Gathering at Young's Dairy in Yellow Springs. Nope. ESPN Game Day was coming to you from Lincoln, NE. Gotta watch that. Then, after assorted other football to pass some time, the #14 Huskers are hosting #1 USC. Definitely can't miss that. Must be here to yell at the TV. I'm not thinking the players, coaches, announcers, or refs can hear him but yell he does anyway. Sometimes I have to leave the room. Depends on how the game goes. Currently it is USC 21, NE 10, about to go into half time. Oh well...

I did go to Wool Gathering. Ran into Nancy and Teresia (hope I spelled it right and apologize if I didn't!). I bought something for Beth but can't show you 'cuz then she'll see. I'll have to take a pic in the good light before Tuesday's SnB and then post it after. Also got myself a large winder and a cool cherry swift. Instead of the regular bulky umbrella swift, this is a cross with moveable pegs that sits flat on the table. www.knittingnotionsonline.com has the swifts as well as some soft, beautiful yarn that was oh so tempting.
I have already wound the Bamboobaa from Beth. Do I start another pair of socks and try to work two at once? I took my Monkeys with me to The Fox and the Hound (local sports pub/restaurant that we can eat while Steve watches assorted games) last night. In honor, I had a Green Monkey to drink. The color matched and it tasted good, too! Now I only have to graft the toe and weave 3 ends to finish them. (Check out Angela's post on Tuesday's Monkeys.)
Had to come up with something I could work on while walking and drooling today so I took some Opal in Bengal colors. Took several tries to get the pattern started right (budding migraines do not make easy work of knitting!) but I've got about 1.5" of Crest of the Wave done from More Sensational Knitted Socks.

On a whole different note, I have a brown thumb. I am usually more interested in other activities (such as knitting) too take proper care of my plants. I usually try a couple of pots out on the front steps each year and let them get fried about half way through the summer. Living in a condo, I am somewhat limited and then with the blazing sun on the front side in the morning/early afternoon and on the back all afternoon, I am limited even further. Geraniums are not my favorite scent but they do seem to withstand my torture. And check out this color!
And when I saw this, on sale even, I knew I had to send it to Jacie. She's Steve's neice who spent 8 weeks with us last summer and 1 week this summer. I wasn't working when she was here last year so I was able to knit a bunch for her. This year I didn't. Didn't even get to take her shopping like I wanted. It will probably get mailed this week.
And still in that same color range - some Lana Grossa I picked up last weekend that I forgot to post:

Brian went back to the doctor Wednesday and had more X-rays. Guess what? instead of making things worse by walking on his broken leg, he's healing quickly and will be out of his cast earlier than expected. He is still in the air cast but is off the crutches. He goes this Wednesday for a PT evaluation followed by 2-3 PT sessions/week for 2 weeks. Then he should be all done! He might even get to play football this year...

Abbee says 'hi' So does Ditz

2 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Wahhhh I so wanted to go this weekend. We didn't get back today intil after 3 and it would have taken me 2 hours to get there so everything would have been closed and packed up by the time I got there. *sigh* Glad that you had a good time. Can't wait to see what you got for Beth.

Beth said...

Didn't Knitting Notions have a great booth? I can't wait to see what you got for Beth too! ;)